At Delhi Public School, sports and games curriculum is an integral and compulsory part of the education process. Sports help to build character and teach the importance of discipline in life. It inculcates a respect for rules and allows the participants to learn the value to self-control. The school has a strong team of 46 expert coaches of various games available in the school. Till date the school has won every major sporting tournament in the city and has also managed to nurture 250 talented national and 15 International players. To promote sports in the school the management also has a scholarship scheme of Rs 25 lakhs per annum to promote the talented sports personalities of our school.
DPS Bhopal has sports facilities, which are enumerated as below:
- Track: The 200m track has 8 lanes and a grass surface. There is a seating capacity of 1000 spectators around the track.
- Basketball Courts: There are two basket ball courts made of concrete.
- Cricket: The school has two concrete cricket pitches and a grass pitch. It also has center grass pitch for playing matches.
- Football Field: There is one full size football field.
- Volleyball : There is one outdoor volleyball clay court where the students can practice.
- Tennis Court: The tennis court in school is as per international standards.
- Facilities for skating and netball are also there in the school.
- Swimming Pool: The school has one ½ Olympic size swimming pool. While the students of Kids Zone enjoy their exclusive small splash pool.
- Martial Arts: Training in judo and other forms of martial arts is offered to the students.
- Gymnasium: A well equipped gymnasium adds to the sports facility of the school
- Horse Riding: The school has 4 well-trained horses with professional coaches.
- Carrom and Yoga are the other indoor game facilities that the school offers.